Upcoming Events at Notre Dame:
Beginning June 1, 2020, and effective until further notice, here is the adjusted schedule of Mass times for Weekends at Notre Dame:
Saturdays: 4 pm and 6 pm
Sundays: 8 am, 10 am and 12 noon
By the order of Bishop Persico, the maximum number of participants for gatherings inside church buildings is limited to ⅓ of the building capacity, utilizing every third pew. This means that if there is no room for your household to sit with a 6-foot separation from other Mass attendees when you arrive at the Church, then you will need to come to a later Mass or watch the recorded Mass on-line. The Bishop has also instituted the following rules to be followed by all parishes:
• Members of the same household may sit together. Multiple households may share a pew, provided that there is at least a six-foot separation between households.
• Parishioners who are in high-risk categories or who are not feeling well are to stay home.
• Everyone attending Mass, except for the priest and lector, is to wear a mask and practice social distancing. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• For the health and safety of everyone involved, the Bishop STRONGLY RECOMMENDS that Holy Communion be received in the hand, not on the tongue.
• Hymnals and missalettes have been removed from the pews and will not be used during Mass.
Until further notice, entry to the Parish Offices is by Appointment Only, and masks MUST be worn NO EXCEPTIONS. Mass Intentions can be scheduled by phone or by mailing information and payment to the parish office. Intentions scheduled by phone will be tentative until payment is received.
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION NEWS: Due to the COVID restrictions still in effect Grades Pre-K—11 will have two options to choose from:
Google Classroom or Home School
Parents should have received an email regarding the options and if not, contact the Religious Education office. Please reply with your preferred option. A mailing will be going out soon with more information. Any questions or concerns please contact the Religious Ed Office at (724) 981 – 9447.
Prince of Peace Center
Peggy’s Christmas Stocking Annual Toy Drive
November 2nd — December 14th
Due to Covid-19, this year’s Toy Drive will operate differently, but as always, Notre Dame families will still have the opportunity to help bring Christmas joy, comfort, and excitement to as many children in need as possible. Unlike past years, we will not have a stocking tree in the vestibule. This year we are asking you to drop off toys at the Prince of Peace Center, 502 Darr Ave., Farrell, or you can make a monetary donation and designate it for the purchase of Christmas toys.
Please consider participation this year! Our Prince of Peace families have all faced months of difficulty, so let’s give a brighter Christmas to as many children as we can. For more information, contact Maritza at (724) 346 - 5777.
CLICK THIS LINK FOR BISHOP PERSICO'S DECREE REGARDING RESUMPTION OF MASSES — dated May 21, 2020
CLICK THIS LINK to view a live stream of the Holy Mass provided by the Diocese of Erie