Upcoming Events at Notre Dame:
Beginning June 1, 2020, and effective until further notice, here is the adjusted schedule of Mass times for Weekends at Notre Dame:
Saturdays: 4 pm and 6 pm
Sundays: 8 am, 10 am and 12 noon
By the order of Bishop Persico, the maximum number of participants for gatherings inside church buildings is limited to ⅓ of the building capacity, utilizing every third pew. This means that if there is no room for your household to sit with a 6-foot separation from other Mass attendees when you arrive at the Church, then you will need to come to a later Mass or watch the recorded Mass on-line. The Bishop has also instituted the following rules to be followed by all parishes:
• Members of the same household may sit together. Multiple households may share a pew, provided that there is at least a six-foot separation between households.
• Parishioners who are in high-risk categories or who are not feeling well are to stay home.
• Everyone attending Mass, except for the priest and lector, is to wear a mask and practice social distancing. NO EXCEPTIONS!
• For the health and safety of everyone involved, the Bishop STRONGLY RECOMMENDS that Holy Communion be received in the hand, not on the tongue.
• Hymnals and missalettes have been removed from the pews and will not be used during Mass.
Until further notice, entry to the Parish Offices is by Appointment Only, and masks MUST be worn NO EXCEPTIONS. Mass Intentions can be scheduled by phone or by mailing information and payment to the parish office. Intentions scheduled by phone will be tentative until payment is received.
Sacramental Preparation and Celebration of Confirmation has been scheduled as follows:
• Mini-Retreat: Thursday, August 6, 2020 — 10 am – noon in the Church
(All students attend for review and practice for celebration)
Sunday, August 9, 2020 — 2 pm in the Church
Each student will have a reserved pew for immediate family members only. Masks are required for both the Mini-Retreat and the Celebration. No social will follow the Celebration.
Our local Knights of Columbus Council 4003 will be having a CAR WASH FUNDRAISER on Sunday, August 23 from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm in the Notre Dame parking lot near the pavilion. All proceeds will benefit the four local parishes served by our Knights of Columbus, including Notre Dame, Good Shepherd, Our Lady of Fatima and St. Bart's. The suggested minimum donation is $10.00 per vehicle. Since we had to cancel our Easter Bread sale this year, the Knights are looking forward to a long line of cars that day. Stay in your car and follow the instructions that will be given to you along the car wash route, and in no time, you’ll be driving in one of the cleanest cars in town! Thank you for your support of the Knights of Columbus Council 4003.
CLICK THIS LINK FOR BISHOP PERSICO'S DECREE REGARDING RESUMPTION OF MASSES — dated May 21, 2020
CLICK THIS LINK to view a live stream of the Holy Mass provided by the Diocese of Erie